Please note: the NFF+HBF Netherlands Film Fund - Hubert Bals Fund Coproduction Scheme is for Dutch Producers only.
NEXT DEADLINE: 6 October 2015.
Annually, between 20 to 40 film productions are realised with the support of the Hubert Bals Fund. In order to stimulate Dutch producers to get involved in international co-productions, and to support Hubert Bals Fund projects in the stage of actual production, The Netherlands Film Fund and the HBF set up NFF+HBF Netherlands Film Fund - Hubert Bals Fund Coproduction Scheme.
NFF+HBF (previously HBF Plus) is a collaboration between the Netherlands Film Fund and the Hubert Bals Fund.
Dutch producers can apply for financial support from NFF+HBF. Projects eligible for the NFF+HBF programme are those that have been granted HBF support for Script and Project Development at an earlier stage, and which are now looking for funds to finance the production.
NEXT DEADLINE: 6 October 2015
Annually the Film Fund sets available an amount of €200.000 for applications from Dutch producers who can be awarded a maximum of €50.000 production support in order to coproduce a film that has received a script development grant by HBF.
The NFF+HBF programme offers support twice a year, with application deadlines on 7 April and 6 October 2015.
The NFF+HBF Guide, containing all eligible projects and contact details of eligible Dutch production companies, is available for download here (PDF file - update March 2015).
Starting January 1st 2015 the primary conditions for this funding scheme have changed: NFF+HBF applications should now be done at the Netherlands Film Fund: www.filmfund.nl/international
- Maximum contribution is €50,000
- Maximum 10% overhead and producers fee
- 50% of the committed amount (including overhead and fee) must be spent on Dutch services, cast and crew
- The project must have received Script & Project Development support from the HBF
- The total production budget cannot be more than €1.000,000
- The Dutch producer must have produced at least one theatrically released feature film
- Applications can be done at the Netherlands Film Fund
- Application Dates: 7 April, 6 October 2015
- Cover letter of Dutch producer
- Updated synopsis
- Director's statement
- Script (in English)
- Total budget
- Finance plan (listing the contributions of attached partners)
- Expenditure plan of Dutch producer (written explanation)
- Company Profiles of all involved producers
- Dealmemo / coproduction agreement(s)
- Production Schedule
- Bio/Filmography and previous work of director (DVDs or a link available online)
- Written explanation on distribution strategy / audience engagement plan for finished film
Applications should be done at the Netherlands Film Fund.
More information? See our Frequently Asked Questions